Your Beautiful New Smile Starts Here
Don't love your smile? Porcelain veneers correct a variety of imperfections, look natural, and restore your confidence! When you look at your smile in the mirror, do you like what you see? Or do you have cosmetic flaws that make you feel self-conscious when you’re around others? Recently we have seen tremendous improvements and advances in dental techniques, materials, and technology. This makes it easier than ever to customize smile makeovers that fit all your needs and desires. Porcelain veneers at our Tamarac, FL dental office correct cosmetic problems and leave you with a smile you will be proud to show off.
Versatile Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are a thin shell of ceramic that is bonded to the front surface of upper, and sometimes lower, teeth. Veneers enhance your smile and are popular with our patients because they are simple and versatile.
Some of the problems we can correct with porcelain veneers are:
- Repair chips, decay, and worn teeth
- Close spaces between teeth
- Lengthen or reshape teeth
- Disguise misaligned teeth
- Whiten severely discolored teeth smile
Every transformation with veneers begins with a smile design consultation with Dr. Yanela Gonzalez. This gives you an opportunity to share your concerns and goals for a healthier, more attractive smile. We want to understand your needs so we can decide if veneers are the right solution or if there’s another option that would be more appropriate for you to reach your goal.
The Veneers Process
Based on our conversation, we will create a personalized plan for treatment. Each tooth receiving a veneer will be prepared by removing a small amount of dental enamel. Next, we take impressions and send the information to a top dental lab where a skilled ceramist will prepare customized veneers.
When your veneers are ready, we will have you return to our office for the final step. Dr. Gonzalez will adjust your new veneers to make sure they sit naturally along your gum line and don’t affect your dental bite. During the final step, we bond the veneers securely to the surface of your tooth and polish them.
All that’s left for you to do is go out and enjoy your stunning new smile! However, here are a couple things to keep in mind:
- Your veneers won’t stain when you drink red wine or coffee, but they can collect plaque and tartar just like your natural teeth. Brushing and flossing properly and visiting us for routine appointments will ensure that your teeth and gums stay healthy.
- Chipping is rare, but you can minimize the risk by taking care when biting down on hard or crunchy foods. Don’t ever use your teeth to open packages because this causes stress and may chip the veneer.